Due to expansion we're recruiting for a new Production Brewer, please see job summary below.
To apply, please email a CV and short cover letter to: email@example.com
- Raw ingredient handling, all aspects of a brew day, transferring wort/beer, yeast handling, packaging, monitoring fermentations etc.
- Operating brewhouse with maximum attention to detail and accuracy (milling, mashing, lautering, proper gravities etc.)
- Yeast management (harvesting, pitching and counts/viabilities)
- Tank management (gravity checks, trub dumps and dry-hopping)
- CIP and sanitization on all vessels (fermenters, heat exchanger, mash tun and kettle)
- Mash tun cleaning including removal of spent grain
- Troubleshooting, technical maintenance and by-the-letter adherence to SOP's
- Organize production logs, inventory reports, packaging logs etc.
- Contribute to Pilot-Kit recipe creation and brewing
- Keep online documentation of all experimental batches, providing information to senior management and the social media manager for blog posts. This may also include pictures and video media.
- Work and communicate well across all levels of a brewery operation (management, cellar, packaging, suppliers, etc.)
- Assist with the development of our QA/QC program
- Maintain brewery equipment as well as facility in general
- Keep the brew house and packing areas clean and tidy, ensure rubbish is correctly disposed at the end of each shift
- Record and log all relevant information both physically and online, including liquor analysis, production timings & temperatures, wort DO2, gravity & pH as required
- Reduce wastage/excess costs without compromising beer quality; updating senior management and SOPs to reflect any changes made;
- Share in weekend cellaring and brewery functions outside of normal working hours
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- 3 years of experience in a production brewery
- Strong work ethic and self-starting attitude
- Good interpersonal skills and team spirit
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- The desire to work in a fast-paced, growing company
- Ability to operate a forklift and pallet jack
Free lunch provided daily
Occasional travel for beer events
Job Type: Full-time